Mary's Breakfast Soufflé
- 9 Eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp Spice Horizon fine grain Himalayan pink salt
- 3 slices of bread or (3) bread rolls torn into bitesize pieces
- 1 ½ tsp Spice Horizon ground mustard
- 1 ½ lbs ground sausage
- Brown sausage in a heavy skillet, drain and place cooked sausage on a plate with paper towel to allow more fat to drain off.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix (do not beat) eggs with milk, salt and mustard.
- Break up bread or cooked dinner rolls and drop into the mixture.
- Add sausage and shredded cheddar cheese to the mixture
- Pour into greased (9 x 13) casserole dish and refrigerate overnight
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting
- Cut into serving pieces.
After the soufflé comes out of the oven, add a bit more shredded cheese while it sits and cools for 5 minutes. Keep your favorite hot sauce handy as we like to shake a little (or a lot) on each individual piece of the soufflé. This is something you can make ahead and not have to worry about cooking breakfast at a busy time of the year. It’s not just for holidays … great for brunch as well.
Things you'll need for this recipe...